Allenstown State School conduct two very different Transition Programs for our school community. The first, is the Step into Prep program that is supported by Playgroup Queensland and runs across Terms 3 and 4 and the second is the Prep Transition Program which is organised at Allenstown State School and runs in Term 4.
Step into Prep
- A term-based program using a playgroup format where parents stay, play and learn with their child.
- Builds a child's social and emotional "skills' bank" as they transition to formal schooling through engaging in age and developmentally appropriate learning games and routines.
- Creates opportunities to experience the school environment and to build relationships with teachers and administrative staff.
- Complimentary membership of Playgroup Qld.
- Free playgroup sessions for their child over Terms 3 and 4.
- Access to a range of age and developmentally appropriate resources.
- Prep Transition Program is organised at Allenstown State School and runs in Term 4.
If your son or daughter is currently enrolled in an Approved Kindy Program (either at a stand-a-lone centre or Early Childcare Centre), then they are better suited to our Prep Transition Program.
If your child doesn't attend any Early Learning Centre or maybe only 1 day a week, then Step into Prep, in Terms 3 and 4 is the program best designed for you. It is however, completely your choice to opt in to one of these programs.
Allenstown State School also run a Playgroup which is on every Wednesday morning 8.45am to 10.45am in I Block (near the Prep Building)
We ask that you bring a hat and water bottle each week and wear clothes that you don't mind getting messy! A fruit snack is provided for each child. A gold coin donation would be greatly appreciated.
We look forward to meeting you and your little people at playgroup. Everyone is welcome.