Allenstown State School conducts a Transition Program for our school community. This is the Step into Prep program that is supported by Playgroup Queensland and runs across Terms 3 and 4.
Step into Prep
- A term-based program using a playgroup format where parents stay, play and learn with their child.
- Builds a child's social and emotional "skills' bank" as they transition to formal schooling through engaging in age and developmentally appropriate learning games and routines.
- Creates opportunities to experience the school environment and to build relationships with teachers and administrative staff.
- Complimentary membership of Playgroup Qld.
- Free playgroup sessions for their child over Terms 3 and 4.
- Access to a range of age and developmentally appropriate resources.
- Prep Transition Program is organised at Allenstown State School and runs in Term 4.
If your son or daughter is currently enrolled in an Approved Kindy Program (either at a stand-a-lone centre or Early Childcare Centre), then they are better suited to our Prep Transition Program.
If your child doesn't attend any Early Learning Centre or maybe only 1 day a week, then Step into Prep, in Terms 3 and 4 is the program best designed for you. It is however, completely your choice to opt in to one of these programs.
Support and Resources for Families
raisingchildren.net.au is a
website providing free and independent information to families. The Raising Children Network is funded by the
Australian Government. Its website is reviewed
The Raising Children website is designed
for busy families and full of tips and tricks for you to try. The content is easy to find and easy to read.
There are answers to hundreds of parenting questions, that might be useful to
There are articles, videos and
interactive resources which are tailored to different ages and stages of
life. The resources help you to look
after yourself as a parent too.